Sunday, February 28, 2010

Survey 2: a teens perspective

For my second survey, I interviewed Caiti Darish a fellow AP Englisher and friend. When asked, she graciously accepted to do this survey during seminar. So, thanks Caiti for taking the time! As you will see, her answers are much more reasonable lengthwise (thanks for that too!). My response will be in the next post.

Cooking Survey

Name: Caiti Darish

Age (roughly): 18

1. Do you like (i.e. enjoy) cooking?

I really enjoy it! It allows me to be creative and try new and exciting things.

2. Are you the main meal provider in your house?

Usually my family splits things up during the week, but it is not unusual for me to make the whole meal for my family for much of the week. When I am home alone, I will make myself a complete meal. No takeout!

3. What is your favorite meal to make?

I am really into grilling chicken and fish.

4. How old were you when you first started to cook?

I first started baking when I was five, and I would help my mom make Christmas cookies.

5. Give me the lowdown on an average meal:

Our average meal has a salad, vegetables, protein, and a grain.

6. Do you think there’s a difference between cooking and baking?

Definitely! Baking is a lot harder I my opinion because it requires exact measurements where as cooking leaves a lot more room for error.

7. Do you express your personality through your food? How?

Yes, I love to express creativity and it allows me to try out things I may not have done before.

8. Do you feel that having to cook has affected other aspects of your life?

It has made me consider a career in culinary and affected my decisions for college.


No comments:

Post a Comment