Sunday, March 21, 2010

The End, or is it?

Hey guys,

This is it! The end of I-search. But is it the end of my education on cooking? I think not. In these past four months I have learned a lot about cooking and all it entails. I can't deny that it had it's ups and downs: I have met friends, and I have written hate poems. Despite the road being rockier that I thought it would be, I feel like I can appreciate what I've done even better because of those bumps. It's like the phrase "you can't have light without the dark". I wouldn't fully appreciate what I've learned if there hadn't been difficulties. They are all a part of life. The fact that I have overcome these obstacles gives me hope and confidence that I will be able to in the future. This project has opened my eyes to the limitlessness of my abilities, and has allowed me to take seemingly difficult tasks and turn them into very achievable goals. I can't say that I have mastered cooking - I don't think I ever could, no can really - but my knowledge will always keep growing.
So, even though my I-search journey is at an end, my cooking education will never stop. I might even come back here sometimes and write about the new cooking adventures I am sure to have.
Education is a never ending road.


Until next time (however far off that may be),

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding!!! I haven't been able to comment or blog as much as I'd like but I'm giving you a standing ovation right now. Keep cooking and baking. They're metaphors for life.

    ReplyDelete